Sunday, December 31, 2006

God sized dream

I'm trying to figure out what will be the best job in the whole wide world. Such childish thinking at my age, but I don't give up on dreams, and I have faith in God and all the talents that He's given me.

How did my career goal go from Biomedical Engineer to Project Manager to Financial Analyst to Economist?

Criteria for decision making:
  • realm of influence
  • personal effectiveness
  • creative potential
  • project lifecycle and time requirements
  • money
  • and of course, everything must be conceived, started, and completed through prayer
I have selected to sit on the fence on this one, between economist and financial analyst, as they do not seem differentiate in these preparation stages. Therefore, the questions that still remains are:
  • Is my CFA sufficient or would an MBA degree from a prestigious school be a probable requirement?
  • Is my mind going to change 5 years from now, and if so, what will be the effects of leaving engineering and project management to pursue basic education in the new field of economics and finance?
  • Would it be better to work and study in my current position in Work Management, or to take a big pay cut and work as a CFP since they will also pay for my CFA and MBA, as well as provide me some personal finance experience?
  • Who do I know that could help?
I know I need to pray about this, but I keep putting that off. I wonder what the differences are between:
  • prayerfully researching
  • fervently praying
  • contemplatively praying
Time is running out, as I will have to put this on hold until my organizing and filing duties have been completed, yet I must return to work in a day.

No comments: