Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Accepting the Job Offer

I quit my job, and accepted the offer from the bank, in that order, which worried my mother a bit, given the track record of my previous job offers. It was a difficult decision, especially because of the scarcity of time that was given me for considering my options. However, I do believe that this is an unmatched opportunity, and seeking to add value to myself, in preparation to launch great big international projects in the future, I believe that this will be a turning point to be remembered.

The greatest doubt that nagged me was whether I would do as well in Korea as I have here at the nuclear plant. My supervisor was extremely happy about my performance and seemed to have really appreciated me being on the team. Therefore, I was quite surprised when he happily released me. He was incredibly helpful, and provided me with only reassuring words. He explained that he never expected me to stay too long, given my background and the limitations of my current position, and he continued by saying that anyone in my position would accept the new opportunities. The more I work under this person, the more I find myself respecting him, for all the characteristics that are so unlike mine. God has indeed listened to my prayers to allow such an encouraging supervisor during this time of rapid transition.

The recruiter from the bank asked me to send me a photo for the upcoming welcoming presentation, and the photo on this post is the one I sent him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read it all. I have much to say to you, but I would prefer to tell you in person, old friend